To add or edit an Item Code, follow the steps given below.
1. Navigate to Setup >Item Code.
2. Click the Add New Item button in the top right corner of the page.
Note: The symbol * in the field denotes that the entry to the field is mandatory.
3. Enter the unique code of the item in the Item Code text entry box.
4. Enter the name of the item in the Name text entry box.
5. Enter the description of the item in the Description text entry box.
6. Select the currency of the item from the Currency dropdown list.
7. Enter the cost per unit of the item in the Cost Per Unit text entry box.
8. Select the manufacturer of the item from the Manufacturer dropdown list.
9. Enter the model of the item in the Model text entry box.
10. Select the category of the item from the Category dropdown list.
Note: Based on the category which you have selected, additional fields will be displayed.
11. Select the asset type of the item from the Asset Type dropdown list.
12. Select the supplier of the item from the Supplier dropdown list.
13. Click Save.
Edit an Item Code
Once the Item Code is added, you can make changes to it any time. You can add or remove additional options.
1. To edit an item code, click the () button in the row of that item code.
2. Make the necessary changes to the category.
3. Click Save.